- Posted:July 26th , 2016 02:07:42 PM
The 2016 Fusion Bellydance Intensive is Nov. 5 & 6, 10am-4pm at The Rachel Browne Theatre, 211 Bannatyne Ave in Winnipeg's Exchange District.
The Performance Showcase is Nov. 5 at 8pm at The Rachel Browne Theatre
Since 2014, The Fusion Bellydance Intensives with Accalia and Tara have been met with the enthusiasm of the Manitoba Bellydance community. With no more than one Fusion Bellydance Intensive offered per year, it is a highly anticipated event that has sold out each year and received great reviews.
The Intensive brings together dancers from different styles of Bellydance, with varying levels of experience, from across Manitoba.
The aim is to weave together take-home drills that delve to the root of fundamental bellydance technique; studies that explore advanced movement; dance-making activities that inspire innovative reworkings of bellydance movement; exploring the creation of space through performance; and musicality.
The 2016 Fusion Bellydance Intensive is instructed by Accalia, professional bellydancer based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Bio available on site and on the facebook event page (see below).
**Performance in the Showcase is open exclusively to workshop registrants, special deadlines apply. See the registration form for more details.
Check out the facebook event - Click Here!
FUSION BELLYDANCE INTENSIVE NOV. 5 & 6!
- Sword balancing
- Fire Hip Belt
- Palm Torches
- Singing bowl balance
- Earls Main Street
- Charisma of India
- SPECIAL EVENTS
- Summer Games Opening Ceremony
- New Years Eve (Fame Nightclub)
- Official Comicon Afterparty
- Anniversary Parties (Whiskey Dix Nightclub)
- Lights on Broadway (Downtown BIZ)
- The Winnipeg Fringe Festival
- Winnipeg Folk Festival
- Nuit Blanche
- DJ ACCOMPANIMENT
- Desert Dwellers (Santa Fe) at Shambhala (BC) and The Manitoba Electronic Music Exhibition (Winnipeg)
- DJ VILIFY (Montrèal)
- Local: Adam Hannibal, Theo Tzu, Chris Komus, Nathan Zahn
- All special events, including but not limited to;
- Corporate functions
- *No male-only events*